What can I say about myself, other than I'm just a pretty laid back Midwest girl. Somehow I found 30 facts I could share. Enjoy!
1. Let’s start from the beginning, I was born in West Helena, Arkansas.
2. I’ve lived in Milwaukee, WI since I was a baby.
3. Except for 6 months living in Dallas TX, when I was 8.
4. I am the Oldest child of 4 siblings.
5. I’ve never met my biological father.
6. I won a water pollution poster contest when I was in second grade. This is when I realized how important art is to me.
7. I faintly remember almost being abducted when I was about 4, a stranger picked me up & ran down the street with me
8. I was obsessed with Punky Brewster as a kid and dressed up like her for Halloween for year.
9. When I was in high school, my favorite after school sandwich was peanut butter, jelly, cheddar and sliced carrots.
10. I’ve never had a broken bone.
11. I did sprain my ankle & had to use crutches when I was 18 because of my platform sneakers.
12. I was in the 5th grade during the Jeffery Dahmer era-- before that happened, my elementary school used to take us to tour the Ambrosia Chocolate Factory, probably during Dahmer's employment there.
13. I was 28 when I took my first flight.
14. I didn’t get my driver’s license or drive until I was 31.
15. I once saw Eric Benet and Halle berry in the mall, WHILE listening to an Eric Benet cd in my Discman.. I’m so awkward, I just hurried in the opposite direction.
16. I don’t like to wear matching socks.
17. I have no tattoos.
18. I had my tongue pierced when I was 19, but took it out after a year. I still have a slit in my tongue.
19. If my daughter Amaya were still alive today, she would be 9 years old.
20. My daughter was an organ donor, and I spent some time speaking & spreading awareness about the need for organ donors after her death.
21. I drink hot tea & coffee all year long, rarely drink iced coffee.
22. I can quote the movie, My Girl almost verbatim.
23. For about a year, I was convinced that The Blair Witch Project was real. And my best friend and I are so stoked about the new sequel.
24. I had a childhood fear/fascination of tornados, and when we moved to Dallas, I was pretty paranoid.
25. In high school I used to come home to watch Jeopardy and play along.
26. I had a pet parrot in high school, named Parabola.
27. Some of the places I hope to visit in the future: Italy, Hawaii, Jamaica, Amsterdam, India, Toronto.
28. I have identical twin nephews, Identical twin cousins and fraternal twin aunts.
29. I'm right handed and three of my bestest friends are left handed.
30. I took Spanish classes from 6th to 12th grade & I barely remember a word.
So, have you found out anything you didn't know about me? Tell me something about you and what you think of this list! Comment below!
Newsletter is coming very soon, get on the list:
Sign up now for my newsletter, Curls & Markers! Coming in August. Be the first to receive news, discounts, and sneak peaks at work in progress!